Records Clerk - Mrs. Stacy Spring
Hours of Operation: Monday - Friday 8AM to 4PM (except holidays)
The Kinnelon Borough Records Department is in charge of maintaining the police files system. The Records Department also provides these essential services.
Temporary Handicap Parking Permits
- An application can be obtained at police headquarters 130 Kinnelon Road, Kinnelon, NJ 07405 any time between 8:00AM to 11:59PM 7 days a week (Except Christmas, Thanksgiving, and New Years Day)
- Once you have the application, it must be certified by his/her physician, as stated on the right hand side of the application
- The individual must complete the rest of the application, and return it to the Kinnelon Borough Police Department with a $4.00 check or money order made
Payable t NJ Motor Vehicle Commission (No Cash).
- The application will then be submitted to the Chief of Police for signature and will be made available shortly after.
Accidents or Incident Reports
- Please allow 5-7 working days before picking up the report.
- Reports can be picked up at the Kinnelon Borough Police Department
- Reports can be picked up 7 days a week 8:00PM to 11:59PM (Except on Christmas, Thanksgiving, and New Years Day). Please call the Records clerk before coming to Police Headquarters, as your report may not be completed yet.
Firearms Application (First Time)
- Applications can be obtained from the Police desk located in the lobby at Police Headquaters.
- You must be 21 Years old or older in order to obtain a Firearms Purchase Permit.
- A Money Order, Cashier's Check or Certified Check in the amount of $60.25 has to be made out to the Division of State Police S.B.I. This is required upon submission for a Firearms Purchaser Identification Card.
- A $5.00 cash or personal check is required when issued for the Firearms Purchaser Identification Card. A $2.00 cash or personal check is required for each Permit to Purchase which is payable at time of pick-up.
- Fingerprinting is available for Kinnelon Borough residents only (Some cases may apply). If you need a fingerprint done you must call the Kinnelon Police Desk at 973-838-5400 to schedule an appointment.
- Fingerprints are taken 7 days a week from 8:00AM till 11:59PM.