Sustainable Jersey is a certification program for municipalities in New Jersey that want to go green, save money and take steps to sustain their quality of life over the long term.
The program officially began in 2009 after three years of work by The New Jersey League of Municipalities, The New Jersey Sustainable State Institute of Rutgers University, The Municipal Land Use Center at the College of New Jersey, The New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection, The New Jersey Office of Smart Growth and The Rutgers Center for Green Building.
Kinnelon registered with Sustainable Jersey in July of 2011 and was certified Bronze October 22, 2013.
Committee Contact Information
- Sustainable Jersey Certification
- Sustainable Jersey Website
- Environmentally Conscious Grounds and Maintenance Policy
- Final Kinnelon Sustainable Jersey Certification Application June
- Sustainable Land Use Pledge & Certification Resolutions
- Pledge Supporting New Jersey Wildlife Action Plan
- Green Team Activities
- ANJEC Road Show (Municipal Actions to Foster Sustainability)