During the COVID-19 pandemic, municipal courts have cancelled their in person court sessions. With the use of technology, certain cases may be able to be heard and adjudicated remotely. It is advised that you contact the court to set up a video court proceeding and provide your telephone and email address.
WELCOME TO THE KINNELON MUNICIPAL COURT
We are an independent branch of government constitutionally entrusted with the fair and just resolution of disputes in order to preserve the rule of law and to protect the rights and liberties guaranteed by the Constitution and laws of the United States and this State.
We will be a court system, characterized by excellence; that strives to attain justice for the individual and society through the rule of law. We will:
- Provide equal access to a fair and effective system of justice for all without excess cost, inconvenience, or delay, with sensitivity to an increasingly diverse society.
- Offer complementary methods of dispute resolution while preserving the constitutional right to trial by an impartial judge or jury and ensuring compliance with the results achieved through effective enforcement of court orders.
- Provide quality service that continuously improves, that meets or exceeds public expectations, and that ensures that all are treated with courtesy, dignity, and respect.
- Maintain the independence of the Judiciary while strengthening relations with the public, the bar, and the other branches of government.
- Acknowledge and enhance the potential of every person in our organization to contribute to the administration of justice through participation, training, and technology.
- Share a sense of common identity and purpose as a statewide Judiciary.
- Earn the respect and confidence of an informed public.
Statement of Core Values
Required to accomplish our mission are four paramount values representing the core of what we stand for as an organization:
- Quality Service
Court Staff and Hours
The Municipal Court is principally directed by the Municipal Court Judge, Andrew M. Wubbenhorst.
Court Administrator, Dara Tanzola
Monday – Friday 8:30 AM - 4 PM
Court Sessions are held on the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of each month at 1:30 PM.
Pay your traffic tickets online
www.njmcdirect.com We are pleased to be associated with NJMCdirect - this is a fast, secure and convenient way to access your traffic ticket(s) information online.
Make checks or money orders payable to "Kinnelon Municipal Court". Credit cards are accepted at the Violations Bureau window.
Plea By Mail ( Statement in Mitigation or Defense by Certification)
Out-of-state residents have the option to plea by mail. A plea by mail is available to defendants with traffic tickets. Individuals that cannot appear in court should first contact the court to verify this information and have a form sent to you.
Plea By Mail Form
Any questions regarding your driving privileges or points against your license in the state of New Jersey, please contact the New Jersey Motor Vehicle Commission online (click above image) or call (609) 292-6500.
NJ Records Request Form
To access records of dispositions for traffic summons or criminal complaints, download the form below and return to the court via mail or fax to (973) 838-9161.
Contact the court regarding fees for your request.
Kinnelon Municipal Court complies with all ADA requirements.
For the hearing impaired, we can provide an assisted listening device.
IF YOU NEED ASSISTANCE, PLEASE CONTACT THE VIOLATIONS BUREAU.