Health Department COVID-19 Vaccination Information
Published on January 06, 2021
Pequannock Health Department
COVID-19 Vaccination Information
The Governor announced that effective January 14, 2021, additional groups have been authorized to receive the vaccine. This now includes adults 65 and over, and persons aged 16-64 with specific medical conditions that increase the risk for severe COVID-19.
Though the vaccine is still scarce and it could take time to get an appointment, please attempt to register and make appointments. In addition to the attached chart describing eligibility, please see the information and links below:
Ø The NJDOH Vaccination Webpage Allows Anyone to Pre-Register for Vaccine and Offers an Opportunity to those in the Authorized Priority Group(s) to Schedule Appointments at Participating Sites that are listed on the NJDOH Vaccine Information Page Website
When a pre-registered individual’s priority group is authorized to receive vaccine, a notification will be sent via email alerting the pre-registered individual to make their appointment at one of the participating vaccination sites listed on website.
The NJDOH vaccination information page has lots of valuable, updated information on COVID-19 vaccinations and allows for individuals to pre-register for vaccine. Please follow this link to the New Jersey Department of Health vaccine information page. This vaccination information webpage, at https://www.nj.gov/health/cd/topics/covid2019_vaccination.shtml ,is updated regularly with the newest information available. It includes information about the following:
- Details about the different vaccines that have been developed, approved, and deployed
- The definition of the priority groups now authorized as of January 14th to receive vaccine. Please see the attached document for details . This includes adults 65 and over, persons aged 16-64 with specific medical conditions that increase the risk for severe COVID-19.
- The priority group(s) currently eligible to get vaccinated will be specified on this NJDOH website
- Under the “Getting Vaccinated” heading on the right side of the webpage, there is a link to a list of sites where those in the authorized priority group(s) can get vaccinated. This list of sites is expected to expand as the vaccine becomes more available.
- Pre-Registration for vaccination is now available on this NJDOH website to anyone who would like to pre-register. Those who belong to a priority group(s) that are authorized to receive the vaccine will receive an email confirmation that they are enabled in the system to make an appointment from the list of those locations that are offering vaccinations. It is not known at this time when other priority groups beyond those listed above will become eligible to receive vaccine. There are many variables such as the amount of available vaccine, the available workforce and the number of participating vaccination sites, in addition to many other complex logistical issues. The public in the authorized priority groups are asked to remain patient as it could take weeks for appointments to become available at vaccination sites.
- A telephone call center will be established for those who have difficulty utilizing the internet or have questions about registering or scheduling appointments. The call center phone number will be posted on this NJDOH website once it is launched. Please note, it is important that those interested in receiving vaccine have access to email capabilities.
- Insurance information is requested in the pre-registration portal, but no cost for the vaccination will be passed on to the consumer, regardless of the type of insurance, or the lack thereof.
Ø Morris County Mega Vaccine Center
Residency in Morris County is not required for this Vaccination Center . At this time, COVID vaccinations at this, or any site, are for the authorized priority groups specified above, only
Registration Instructions for Authorized Priority Groups at the Mega Vaccination Center, Sears Building, Rockaway Townsquare Mall – This site needs to be registered for independently from the sites listed on the NJDOH website.
- Please use the link https://bit.ly/3onkSkC toregister and schedule an appointment at theMorris County Mega Vaccination Center. For those who are unable to schedule an appointment because none are available, additional appointments will be released as allocations of the vaccine are received.
- A telephone call center for this site has been established. The number phone number is 973-829-8259. Those who have difficulty utilizing the internet or have questions about the center, registration or scheduling appointments at this vaccination center are welcome to call. The call center phone number is posted on the Morris County Division of Health website, at https://morriscountycovid19.org/
- The Morris County Mega Vaccination Center is a collaborative effort of Atlantic Health System, Morris County, and the State of New Jersey. It’s located inside the former Sears building at the Rockaway Townsquare Mall, in Rockaway. Sign up for additional COVID-19 information and vaccine updates from Atlantic Health System at (atlantichealth.org/covidvaccine)
Those who are in the eligible priority groups, as described above, should attempt to make appointments at the vaccination centers of their choice from the list provided on the NJDOH website, at https://www.nj.gov/health/cd/topics/covid2019_vaccination.shtml. Many of the vaccination centers listed may have a link to their own registration and appointment portals. It may be helpful to go to every vaccination site’s link for which you have an interest, and register or attempt to make an appointment at each one, umtil you are successful. While it is likely that for the next few weeks, most sites will have no appointments available, many of the sites will send an email notification to you when they do receive vaccine and appointments do become available. Please check your emails frequently and immediately attempt to make an appointment as soon as the email notification is received. Vaccine is scarce and the limited number of available appointments will be booked up very quickly.