Kinnelon Municipal Tennis/Pickleball Courts Now Open-Read These Important Guidelines
Published on May 07, 2020 at 02:07p.m.
KINNELON RECREATION DEPARTMENT
GUIDELINES FOR USE OF MUNICIPAL TENNIS/PICKLEBALL COURTS
May 7, 2020 – TBD
The Boonton Avenue Tennis/Pickleball Courts are now open. This will be on a trial basis, providing all social distancing and other special rules are followed in order to limit the spread of COVID-19.
- Maintain social distancing (no closer than 6’ to other player). If this does not occur, courts will be closed.
- Singles only, no doubles. Only 2 players allowed per court.
- Court hours will be 8:00 am to 8:00 pm. Courts will be reserved for pickleball on Tuesdays and Thursdays 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm.
- One hour maximum court time use. Players must vacate court after playing if someone else is waiting.
- Players must stay on their side of the court; do not switch ends.
- You may only touch your own equipment, tennis ball or pickleball – do not touch fence, gate, net etc. Use your own hand sanitizer before and after play. No bathrooms will be available.
- Consider spraying tennis/pickle balls briefly with a disinfectant spray at the conclusion of play or use new tennis/pickle balls the next time you play.
- Players should primarily play from the baseline and avoid net play unless other player is on the baseline.
- When entering a court, if other players are present, wait until a point has finished, announce that you are entering, and then proceed onto the other court while maintaining 6’ social distancing.
- Do not congregate near court opening when waiting to play.
- It is recommended to wear a face covering prior to and after playing. It is also recommended to wear a face mask while playing if possible.
- If you or family member have displayed any symptoms or have been exposed to someone with COVID-19, please stay home.
BE RESPECTFUL OF OTHERS- HAVE FUN
Feel free to contact the recreation department with any questions:
email@example.comMore: News Parks and Recreation News